[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Tue Sep 21 18:41:23 CEST 2010

Le 2010-09-21 12:09, Tux99 a écrit :
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, vfmBOFH wrote:
>>
>> Similar to the (failed) mandriva assembly, huh?
>>
>> I think it can be a good scheme. And comes with some "extras" like localized
>> communities can "elect" their representative on the future associaton, and
>> turns the "central hub" in a open discuss for them. If this scheme sucess,
>> transparency and openess of the representative's discursons are guaranteed.
>

> Since vfmBOFH mentions the failed mandriva assembly, I'd like to suggest
> to please keep the organisational structure as flat as possible.
>
> On the internet where everyone has equal possibilities to be informed
> and partecipate we don't need multi-level hierarchical structures with
> so called local community representatives that have special rights or
> influence.
>
> As we just saw during the first days of Mageia, the opinion of some
> local community representatives don't necessarily match at all with the
> opinions of the members of their community.
>
> So personally I don't see any point in local community representatives
> as decision makers. If anything they should make sure that their
> communities are informaed by arranging translations of relevant
> information and manage their local forums, events etc.
>
> Any voting on global Mageia issues should be open to everyone, there
> should be no delegations or representations as that's not necessary on
> the internet.

Agreed, however, that is not what we were talking about. We were talking
about information flow of information from the outer-localized groups
being communicated back to the main site.

Having a reverse flow, in my opinion, would be a job tackled on by the
localized groups themselves. That is to mean, if the localized group
wanted to be informed of the goings-on at the main Mageia.org site, they
would make arrangements themselves to translate these to their localized
members.

The main issue here, as with all large organizations, is to make sure
that the information from the outer-limbs of Mageia makes it back to the
cental hub point from where the decisions are made. Before making
decisions on issues, the Mageia.org hub should have all of the pertinent
feedback from all users (localized or not). The flow should assure this.

Marc