[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 21 19:18:04 CEST 2010

2010/9/21 Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 18:58, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> 2010/9/21 Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>:
>>> What we're likeling heading to is (we'll be more specific in the coming days):
>>>  - a board, about 12 people (counting, renewed by third every year at
>>> least (what third? still to be decided, or what to do if more than
>>> that resigns)
>>>  - board is elected by active members at a yearly general assembly (at
>>> FOSDEM ? other ? not decided),
>>
>> Using the 3 parts of the community mentioned in the announcement:
>> which part are these "active members" coming from?
>
> All of three. And more. The rule here is to be co-opted.

I see. And how could people of the first group (the users) be
recognized by the board if there is no representation of the users on
the board? The board has definitely no time to monitor the user
forums, so I assume.
If (as written here) they are not represented (aka their opinons not
brought to the attention of the board) how will the board know their
opinons and/or know who are active users, I mean active in areas, the
board does not see? Like local events, user support, writing local
translations, etc. ?