[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 19:28:32 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 19:18, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2010/9/21 Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>:
>> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 18:58, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> Using the 3 parts of the community mentioned in the announcement:
>>> which part are these "active members" coming from?
>>
>> All of three. And more. The rule here is to be co-opted.
>
> I see. And how could people of the first group (the users) be
> recognized by the board if there is no representation of the users on
> the board? The board has definitely no time to monitor the user
> forums, so I assume.
> If (as written here) they are not represented (aka their opinons not
> brought to the attention of the board) how will the board know their
> opinons and/or know who are active users, I mean active in areas, the
> board does not see? Like local events, user support, writing local
> translations, etc. ?

Excellent point. Believe me, I don't want to mess up with this. So...
several options (non exclusive from each other):
 - this is going to be a founding board, we may set up a renewal of a
part of if in the next weeks/months (that is, not waiting for one full
year or next FOSDEM);
 - we invite/elect one/two people for that (best, I believe);
 - the board is not all; it's important, but active members are as
well; and we will have to rely on teams working among themselves and
reporting to the board;
 - goodwill and trust is crux; the communication flow must be
encouraged and assumed by the board as well as all members; we don't
expect the board to ignore what happens in the community, otherwise,
how would the whole thing turn out?...
 - other?

Opinions?

Romain