[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 21 19:44:34 CEST 2010

2010/9/21 Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org>:

> With global online ad-hoc polls on specific issues/subjects?

Yes.

> By raising their voice (or someone for them if they don't speak english)
> on the global forum?

Yes.

> Voting for the board or voting on specific issues is two different
> matters.

Certainly

> The board memebers are not hidden away behind layers of security guards,
> they have email addresses and names and surely partecipate in some
> forums/MLs so it should be always possible for anyone to bring something
> directly to their attention.

It's not my fear that they are hiding, I know they are very busy and
lately I had a discussion on the cooker list where I was told with
very good reasoning that developpers are too occupied with their work
to waste their time reading user forums and they do not want to be
bothered by direct contact with users.  As I said there were very good
reasons given and I understand that.

See, my greatest fear in this area is to run into the same
communication problem we had in Mandriva for years because this was
one of the reasons users lost their motivation and trust. In our
current setup users are even more important because from them come
those who do the laundry and wipe the floors. Meaning, they will do
translations, documentation, promotion, user support, spreading
information, etc.

I'm asking all those question because of this fear, nothing else.