[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Forums

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Tue Sep 21 19:52:59 CEST 2010

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:

> It's not my fear that they are hiding, I know they are very busy and
> lately I had a discussion on the cooker list where I was told with
> very good reasoning that developpers are too occupied with their work
> to waste their time reading user forums and they do not want to be
> bothered by direct contact with users.  As I said there were very good
> reasons given and I understand that.

I can perfectly understand the reasons why that's the case when the
developers are full-time employees and do the work as a job, but this
shouldn't and mustn't be the case in a non-profit community project
where everyone is in it for the fun.

In this scenario devs are normally users themselves too, and even for
their own satisfaction it should be natural that they at least
occasionally check user reactions to what they develop, by spending some
time on forums (at least reading through them).

In every successfull non-profit community FOSS project that I have seen
that's the case, the devs are users themselves and do partecipate at
least a bit in the forums.