[Mageia-discuss] origin of the name "mageia"?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 21 20:37:22 CEST 2010

2010/9/21 Maurice Batey <maurice at bcs.org.uk>:

> Well, different languages have different ways of saying things, so
> does it really matter?
>   "Paris" in the UK sounds different from 'Paris' in  France.
> Vive la difference....
 Well, I try to pronounce names in foreign languages as the people
there do it because they gave the names in their language and the
names get their meaning only in that language. I hate being called by
my name with English prononciation because it is not an English name.
Same I do with English names, what would you say if I pronounced some
English or American city name with German prononciation? Nice example
is Worcester. In German that would be _War_ (like the word 'war") and
_cester_ like the part "Chester" in Chesterfield. Together:
"War-chester" :)