[Mageia-discuss] Future of mageia

neo67 i.am.neo67 at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 22 11:55:56 CEST 2010

>> On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, neo67 wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> also in Germany there starts a discussion about mandriva - mageia.
>>> PCLinuxOS, which was and is a good KDE distribution was/is based on
>>> mandriva and I think, that the PCLOS people thinks about their future
>>> with mandriva.
>>>
>>> Is it not a good idea to ask texstar to build up a distribution, which
>>> contains pclos and the goals of mageia in one?
>>> Think about it. It make no sense, that there are hundreds of several
>>> distributions on the market....
>>
>> If texstar and other people want to join Mageia project, I think they're
>> welcome. But nobody is forced to join. They can have their own
>> distribution if they want, that's their choice ...
>
> Exactly my opinion. texstar had his reasons (his opinion) to leave
> Mandriva, actually he was the first to fork Mandrakelinux (as it was
> called by that time). All those who are thinking about some merge or
> whatever with PCLOS should keep that in mind.
>
> As Oliver and Nicolas I would welcome anybody joining Mageia but now
> that this new project is on its way to find its identity it should not
> give up any of that by joining other existing projects.

Yes, that is a good view (anybody can join us..) on this topic also.
For me and my understanding, how to start those projects is different.
What I learned about the years in information technology (I'm 43y) and
in main: the people who work and develop in information technology is:
to be active NOT reactive. Sometimes, I have the illusion, that - just
in open source project- everybody relies on: That is an open source
project, so all will go fine, beacuse we are the good, not the ugly.
Lets smoke some and listen to the 60th... music...  is possible that
I'm wrong at this time. But for sure is one thing, it is a great
change. :-)