[Mageia-discuss] Mageia's objectives and foundations

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Fri Sep 24 20:39:15 CEST 2010

> Ok, to clear this up:
> I am not a member of the core group who made the decisions and started
> the project.
>
> I was involved in some discussions long before all this started, even
> years before when we discussed a foundation plan. And I was also
> involved in discussions a couple of weeks before this started and
> during the starting process, but not as decision maker, only as
> someone who was asked his opinion about what was planned.
>
> The core group did this "opinion gathering" with several people as
> written in the initial announcement:
> "It was not an impulsive decision. We all spoke a lot before: former
> employees, Cooker contributors and users' communities. We collected
> opinions and reactions in the past weeks as we needed to get some kind
> of global agreement and to gather, before going ahead."
>
> I was one of those as a long time supporter and community monkey.

Thanks Wolfgang. Now just imagine, we are now informed of this about
you. You would however have to re-explain again if someone were to ask
you about your inside knowledge of things. Again, some of the ML people
will sign on long after this message has been posted.

Wouldn't it make more sense then to have just a short list of the core
people listed on the main mageia.org site to inform the community? This
would make many of these threads a little more sensible. It really does
not take that long to add the info to the main page.

We all realize that there is a small group organizing the Mageia
project, and we all understand that it takes time. We all know that the
core group is frustrated by the more than over-zealous threads. Their
work and dedication is obviously most appreciated. But for the simple
matter of posting a few lines on the main page identifying the main core
group individuals the end result is a lot of disorganized thread noise.

Marc