[Mageia-discuss] Think about bugzilla monitoring?

Farfouille farfouille64 at free.fr
Sat Sep 25 15:31:31 CEST 2010

Le 25/09/2010 14:22, Remy CLOUARD a écrit :
[...]
>  Many end user tools are developped in python for this reason, because
> python has the reputation of being easy to learn (though arguably perl
> or ruby do their job well in that area too). Two well-known examples
> in these area are networkmanager and system-config-printer.
>> What is means for Mageia ? Nothing for the moment, there are so many
>> urgent thinks to do ;) But in the future I would like to help to
>> promote high level language programming in Mageia community.
> I suggest you to add yourself in this page :
> http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=packaging
>
> add some entries in the language list.
>
> We need java experts, and vala and D are interesting too :-)
> [...]
I didn't mention python although I know it is used a lot by Ubuntu dev.
because, despite being a powerful language that I really appreciate, it
is a script language. It means that if there is an error in some part of
the code that is not executed during the test, you can't see it until
someone falls into. This kind of risk is dramatically reduced when using
a compiled language.

Ok I will add myself in packaging team, but I will really need to be
trained to be useful.

Cheers
Farfouille