[Mageia-discuss] Think about bugzilla monitoring?

Farfouille farfouille64 at free.fr
Sat Sep 25 18:31:56 CEST 2010

Le 25/09/2010 16:54, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI a écrit :
> On Saturday 25 September 2010, my mailbox was graced by a missive
>   from Farfouille<farfouille64 at free.fr>  who wrote:
>
>> If one compare a C/Gobject program with its equivalent in Vala, it is
>> obvious that it will have fewer bugs in Vala version, just because there
>> less lines of code hence less places where bugs can hide.
>
> This argument does not hold water. I used to program in APL, progs were
> usually very short (a complex prog had less than a few dozen lines), and could
> be full of bugs.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ron.
Please don't compare APL with the languages aforementioned.
Quote from Wikipedia about APL :
"Because of its condensed nature and non-standard characters, APL has
sometimes been termed a "write-only language
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Write-only_language>", and reading an APL
program can at first feel like decoding Egyptian hieroglyphics
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_hieroglyphics>. Because of the
unusual character set <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_set>, many
programmers use special keyboards
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_keyboard> with APL keytops for
authoring APL code."

My argument is about C/Gobject and Vala not about any languages. Vala
has been developed with the goal of easing Glib programming. That's why
the comparison of program length makes sense.

Cheers,

Farfouille.