[Mageia-discuss] Translation -structure

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 28 17:10:35 CEST 2010

Miguel <cullero at gmail.com> schrieb am 2010-09-28
> In my humble opinion, having SimplePo in a centralized server made the
> translation and revision processes much faster. In just a couple of
> moths, the Spanish team reached the top-10 in the list:
If I had enough people (let's say 5 to 6) I could have done the same with the
German translation using svn, poedit/lokalize.

And if everyone just commits his translations as soon as he finishes them and
everyone checks the po-files out before he starts, you don't have the problem
of different local po files.
And with a little communication you can devide the tasks quite fine between the
translators.

But I have one technical question: Is this a web tool you are using there?
Because I wouldn't want some purely webbased infrastructure. There are quite
some times, in which you would have time to translate but no internet
connection (longer travels by train,...)

And: vcs systems are normally quite good at merging files so even if more then
one translator does work on the sam po file at the same time, it is solvable.

Oliver