[Mageia-discuss] Package management system

Renaud MICHEL r.h.michel+mageia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 08:23:28 CEST 2010

On mercredi 29 septembre 2010 at 01:47, Richard wrote :
> Does this mean that I can find the KDE packages which "depend" on Pulse
> and  re-package them such that Pulse is only "recommended"?

Here (2010.1 x86_64) KDE does not have a dependency on pulse audio.
Gnome has, because pulseaudio (actually the package is pulseaudio-esound-
compat) provides esound, which is required by gnome.

Anyway, you can simply disable pulseaudio from the control center, so it is
not a problem to have the package still lying around.

--
Renaud Michel