[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Mirror size

Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Sat Oct 2 19:44:26 CEST 2010

On Saturday 02 October 2010, my mailbox was graced by a missive
 from Olivier Thauvin <nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org> who wrote:

> Bad idea:
> - bittorrent servers are not so availlable, espacially several years
>   after the release

Not many people download .iso file that are past their sell-by date, they tend
to go for the recent release.

> - iso not availlable on mirror will bother people making their private
>   mirror for internal use

Good, that will reduce the load on the mirrors.

>I am not against providing ISO using bittorent, but it cannot be the
>only way to get it.

Did not say it was, offered the suggestion to lessen the load on the mirrors.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
 Sodd's Second Law:
 Sooner or later, the worst possible set of circumstances is bound to occur.