[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Mirror size

Gustavo Giampaoli giampaoli.gustavo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 22:26:07 CEST 2010

2010/10/2 Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org>:

> Quote: Gustavo Giampaoli wrote on Fri, 01 October 2010
> 14:28
>>
>> Maybe you could have a "core" repo. Core will be the
>> packages for a
>> bare distro. The completely naked basic distro. Kind of
>> Mageia +
>> drakes + drivers + basic desktop. Not any "regular"
>> application like
>> GIMP.  Pretty basic.
>>
>> This core must be managed / touched / modified / updated
>> only by a
>> "selected" group of developers. Because this core would
>> be the spine
>> of the whole distro, the naked OS. This would ensure the
>> stability of
>> the system because only pros and / or well
>> experienced-with--enough-merits developers will touch
>> the system guts.
>>
>> And you could have other repo for all the rest of the
>> software.
>
> Sounds like a good idea to me!

I'm not a developer nor and advanced user. My idea comes from reading
things like this:

http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/bsd4linux3.php
(from the post BSD vs Linux at
http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/bsd4linux1.php )

So, basically, it's not "my" idea. And certainly isn't something you
can follow literally. But maybe it could inspire us.

Cheers!!

Gustavo Giampaoli (aka tavillo1980)