[Mageia-discuss] Mailing List to Web Forum Bidirectional Gateway

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Sun Oct 3 07:09:18 CEST 2010

Le 2010-10-03 00:57, Tux99 a écrit :

> Quote: marc wrote on Sun, 03 October 2010 06:52
>>
>> Nice. This covers pretty well all the discussions. Are the threads
>> added
>> automatically? or do you have to fiddle around with them before the
>> thread category is created?
>>

> It's all automatic, I have only done some manual fiddling when people broke
> threads (from email programs, posts originating from the forum keep threads
> perfectly), to merge the broken threads back together.
>
> And like I said in my first email, I approve new users manually for now, to
> avoid spammers.

I wasn't concerned with the users as you seem to have that covered. I
was mostly concerned with broken threads and how they were treated.

Good job!

Will you be /Are you ... involved in setting up the official Mageia
forums? This is a great example of what can be accomplished and
especially with controlling the broken threads problem. In my opinion,
the broken thread problem is a really big disruption and, from what I
gather from the posts, is that a lot of broken posts are the result of
the users' choice of mail readers. This would solve the problem ... as
long as it doesn't cause too much work for the Forums admin who may have
to merge broken posts by hand.

I guess you will only know about the problem with the broken posts and
the amount of work they require only after the board is up for a while.
Hope it is not too much work to maintain it.

Marc