[Mageia-discuss] Mailing List to Web Forum Bidirectional Gateway

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Sun Oct 3 07:19:38 CEST 2010

Quote: marc wrote on Sun, 03 October 2010 07:09

> Will you be /Are you ... involved in setting up the official Mageia
> forums?

No I'm not, but I'm certainly willing to help whoever will be doing that if
they chose this same forum software (FUDforum, it's GPL, written in php).
I could even provide a dump of this forum so that the transition to the
official forum would be seamless.

> as long as it doesn't cause too much work for the Forums admin who may
> have to merge broken posts by hand.

So far it hasn't been too bad, it's just a normal forum moderator task
(select threads to merge, click to merge them), since on the official
forum there would be moderators anyway, I imagine it would just be part of
their daily routine.