[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

Morgan Leijström fri at tribun.eu
Sun Oct 3 20:33:14 CEST 2010

Den 2010-10-03 19:19:29 skrev Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI:
> On Sunday 03 October 2010, my mailbox was graced by a missive
>
>  from Renaud MICHEL <r.h.michel+mageia at gmail.com> who wrote:
> > > Or periodical system by atom number
> > > Hydrogen
> > > Helium
> >
> > I like this one :-)
> > And you are good for more than one hundred versions!
>
> No, it will collapse in recriminations the day we reach "Aluminium".

So we already are argueing ;)

Getting serious,
IMNSHO We should use international standards, and not fight
about local variants.
That also applies to date formats
(i.e see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601 for forums, whatever.

The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC)
adopted aluminium as the standard international name.
(which is also used in many other languages other than english)
Although alternate spellings are accepted, this is the standard.