[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

Graham Lauder yorick_ at openoffice.org
Sun Oct 3 20:57:06 CEST 2010

On Monday 04 Oct 2010 02:56:41 Robert Wood wrote:
> On 03/10/10 14:09, Tux99 wrote:
> > Hmm, so we could make everyone happy by using an numbered version plus a
> > nickname (just like Ubunbtu does).
>
> As long as the names are not the horrible, kitsch and embarrassing style
> names that Canonical use!

Actually, Ubuntu's naming convention is perfect for their target market, there
must be something right about it because it certainly hasn't hurt their market
share.

Besides which doing something because of a negative attitude is not a good
idea.  We should learn from there mistakes and make sure we don't repeat them
rather than trying to avoid what was patently successful for them.  :)

Cheers
GL

--
Graham Lauder,

INGOTs Assessor Trainer
(International Grades in Open Technologies)
www.theingots.org