[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Mon Oct 4 02:34:41 CEST 2010

Le 2010-10-03 17:41, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le dimanche 03 octobre 2010 à 21:12 +0000, André Machado a écrit :
>> Marc,
>>
>> When Mageia Association have the sufficient financial resources, won't it can
>> make an agreement for these drivers deployment with yours manufacturers?
>
> Well, how much is "sufficient financial resources" ?

One of the stories about this problem is that some of the modem, etho
card manufacturers may have at one time "borrowed" proprietary code to
make their hardware work. So, for some of them, there is no interest in
having their code exposed.

I think that most manufacturers are at the point where they can no
longer disregard the linux user base. They will eventually all
contribute if they want to sell more of their hardware.

Marc