[Mageia-discuss] IRC community channels - need a ruling from the board

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 10:13:45 CEST 2010

Le 3 oct. 2010 à 23:34, Margot <margot at otfordduckscomputers.co.uk> a écrit :

> Please read my other posts - #mageia-unitedkingdom would be OK,
> #mageia-greatbritain would NOT

Sure, but that was just an example. Don't take offense! :)

My answer was not to say which exact name to use but what scheme to
use for local places/areas.

Having read the full thread... using the 3-letters code for languages
is definitely not so obvious for native speaker looking for their
language.

Having both #mageia-fr (country) and #mageia-fre (language) for
instead looks really confusing (or #mageia-de/#mageia-ger).

We're already refering to -fr, -de, -es, etc. as language-based channels.

#mageia-france, -deutschland, -espana, -chile, -argentina (or some
more locally designed community name) will look way more obvious for
what they imply (location-based).

Romain