[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Oct 4 17:10:22 CEST 2010

Le lundi 04 octobre 2010 à 11:44 +0100, doug a écrit :

> Can I put in a plea on behalf of users who can't even use a
> telephone hook-up because of the appalling phone connection,
> e.g. in a rural area through Telecom Italia, and are obliged
> to depend on a 'dongle'?
>
> I found an installation procedure for my dongle freely
> available on the internet; it's not proprietary. In fact the
> Windows installation disk that comes with the dongle itself
> uses it. AFAICT it's the details of the dialer defaults, in
> particular the init strings, that would have to be sorted
> out for different broadband providers.

If you have information to share, you should fill a bug report.
Developers cannot really track down every provider on the planet.

No, i must confess that I didn't use a modem since a long time ( the
only one I used is the one of my mobile phone, and I used wvdial (not
user friendly) and network-manager ( not sure it can work with non 3g
modem )), so I cannot really tell where to look for filling a bug
report.

But I think you are right and that's important to make sure that it work
fine.
--
Michael Scherer