[Mageia-discuss] Wish List

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Thu Oct 7 12:31:09 CEST 2010

> The date format should be year/month/day, as in 20100209. This is the
> official order used by the UN, for example.
> It is also used by Mozilla products, and much other software. There is
> also a gradual conversion to this format by many international
> companies. And much gov't issued id (as in Québec, Canada).
> Day-month-year is the traditional European format.
>

> - André (andre999)

Sorry for doing this again, and I know that this will raise a collective
sigh from the list, but the conventional date format that most
countries/organizations have adopted today all derive from the ISO
organization's date convention. You may fine it here:

http://www.iso.org/iso/fr/support/faqs/faqs_widely_used_standards.htm

Marc (no, I am not an ISO rep. LOL)