[Mageia-discuss] How about launching "Mageia working parties"?

Juergen Harms Juergen.Harms at unige.ch
Tue Oct 12 13:14:17 CEST 2010

On 10/12/2010 10:54 AM, Romain d'Alverny wrote:
> There needs to be some sort of formal designation (to know who is
> working with whom and on what) as well as progress/final reporting and
> archives of discussions or results. But that's something to iron out
> of practice.

Sure - I did not want to drown the suggestion in too much
administration-mindedenes. The minimum to require would probably be

- to draft a very short summary on what the WP wants to achieve (some
kind of terms of reference - if you have formulated what you want to do,
you have prepared a solid base for the work),

- to have a clearly defined figurehead (party-leader) who has the role
of maintaining communication with the Council,

- and maybe to fix a deadline for a first feedback to the Council on
what is happening (to avoid having open-ended activities hanging around).

As you say: iron out of practice - try one or 2 projects, learn from the
experience and use that as the base for defining the rules of the game.