[Mageia-discuss] Mageia logo proposals and selection

J.A. Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Fri Oct 15 01:14:04 CEST 2010

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 22:30:25 +1300, Graham Lauder <yorick_ at openoffice.org> wrote:

> We are in the desktop computing market, the chunk we want a part of is at
> present occupied by MS.  In this market the name we want to promote is Mageia,
> we have no need to identify with Linux.

Don't know how much salt I need for this, but please don't even try that,
specially for non techincal people.
They will think: ah, I can choose Windows, Linux or Mageia. Lets try some
linux, people talk well about it...who will I impress if I said I installed
a 'Mageia' ?
Compare to 'hey, I finally found a Linux distro I can use', 'which one',
'mageia', 'mmm, lets try it...'.

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>     \               Software is like sex:
                                         \         It's better when it's free