[Mageia-discuss] Positive Reinforcement

andré andr55 at laposte.net
Thu Oct 21 08:13:34 CEST 2010

Marc Paré a écrit :

> Le 2010-10-19 13:30, George J. Walsh a écrit :
>> Morning, Marc:
>>
>> I sent a private note to Florin, supporting his wish for gaming support
>> in Mageia because of the Mandriva history of attempting to offer a full
>> package for users.
>>
>> That got me thinking about the possible use of a 'meta task' setup to
>> handle major divisions. After all, that's what MCC attempts to install
>> web services, desktops, data bases and printers. So why not gaming?
>>
>> As I explained to Florin, it is my feeling that there is a lot of gaming
>> out there which is commercial and therefore not even ported to Linux,
>> but then again, I just don't know. (I don't play games :-))
>>
>> I also explained my geekiness was more in the world of psychobabble than
>> with computerese.
>>
>> By the way, nice to have an exchange with a fellow Canadian.
>>
>> The best,
>>
>> George
>
> Thanks, nice to exchange with you as well. Hope the Gaming support
> comes through. We will see what we can do.
>
> Marc
> Waterloo ON Canada
> Marketing Team Member

Note that there are already quite a few games on the Mandriva free dvd,
in the contrib section.  So it's just a matter of adding a Gaming group,
and possible a Gaming task option.
This would work really well with a tree selection, where one could
select the group (Gaming), and/or deselect/select individual
applications.  Since gamers could well have a good idea of their game
preferences.
Also note that many commercial games have a free (at least in cost)
Linux version.

(That makes at least 3 Canadians here.)

- André (andre999)