[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions: DE's, fallback and stability.

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sun Oct 24 11:18:27 CEST 2010

Le dimanche 24 octobre 2010 à 11:10 +0300, P. Christeas a écrit :

> Stability, IMHO, is not what Debian does: take 7 versions back and call them
> "stable". It is the result of software quality procedures, objective choices
> when deciding about code merges, "software engineering" when developing
> something.

What Debian offer is stability at the distribution level, in the sense
"the software do not change", not really stability on software level, ie
what most people understand as "the software do not crash". I would
better call this a robust software than a stable one, due to the
confusion above.

--
Michael Scherer