[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Tue Oct 26 14:05:29 CEST 2010

Wolfgang Bornath wrote:

> Agreed. This is an explanation and a reason I can follow :) I go to
> individual selection each time I install to remove packages like most
> games and all the fax packages and some more, and to add some packages
> which are not marked by standard. But that's me, and I have developed
> a habit there :)

This is a fairly advanced activity, and there are better ways to do
this.  For instance, make two files: one for standard packages you want
removed, and one for extra packages you want installed.  Then run xargs
to execute urpmi for these argument lists after first boot.

Granted, it involves installing and then removing things you don't want,
but it's a lot more automated than interactively playing with package
selection for every install you do.