[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions for the ISO

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 15:58:12 CET 2010

Op vrijdag 29 oktober 2010 21:35:58 schreef Wolfgang Bornath:
> 2010/10/29 andre999 <andr55 at laposte.net>:
> > In other words, nothing focused on bandwidth-restricted users.
> > Unless, of course, they get the DVD (or CD) without downloading it
> > themselves.
> > Which brings to mind the idea of shipping or otherwise distributing
> > ready-written DVDs and live CDs.  And why not a live DVD ?
>
> That's what the communities have been doing all the time. Example: the
> German community has an offer for such people to ask for a dvd,
> somebody will burn the dvd and send it to him via snail mail and he
> will pay (voluntarily) 5 Euros as donation to the community. As I
> learned, a similar offer is on in other communites as well. No problem
> to continue this way, /me thinks.

We should have some kind of way to assure people that some of the "community
regional CDs generated by some communities themselves" are "official"; and some
process of generating and someone from the release/security team who can
validate the generated community ISO.

do we actually have a release/security team?

a team with people who will build ISO's/ validate community ISO's; handle
security updates; etc... ?

we should, imho.

Maarten