[Mageia-discuss] [OT] KDE 4.5.2 for Mandrive

Balcaen John balcaen.john at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 02:42:28 CET 2010

Le Sunday 31 October 2010 21:50:00, Juan Luis Baptiste a écrit :
> Hi,
[...]
> I'm having the following issues on x86_64 that maybe someone else have
> noticed too:
>
> * I lost my plasdma activities: before I had three of them, now
> right-clicking on the desktop and selecting "Activities..." shows an
> empty widget, there's not even present the current worspace currently
> on use.
I'm not able to reproduce here (i switch from KDE SC 4.4.3 of 2010.1 to 4.5.3)

> * The kmixer and klipper systray icons are changed for the old pre-4.5
> ones after a couple of seconds of showing up on the system tray. I
> mean, I log in into KDE and I see the gray kmixer and klipper icons
> from KDE 4.5.x, but after a second or two, both disappear and then
> appear the old icons that those apps used on KDE prior to 4.5.
I did not notice.
I'm using oxygen theme, & also did not test the 4.5.0 on 2010.1

> * Scrolling over kmixer to change volume doesn't show the volume level
> popup, but It does change volume.
It's working here.
> * Kopete doesn't change it's icon to the spinning one when a message
> is received, so the only way to know that you received a message is to
> hear the notification. When you click kopete's icon, it's main window
> will maximize and you will see the new message icon over the contact's
> that send it.
hum, i'm not using kopete,
There's no configuration or notification set up to for this ?
> This only happened on x86_64, on my laptop with i586 none of those
> issues happened. I'll change my repos to MIB ones and see if there's
> any update that fixes this issues.
I'm using also x86_64.
There is a few update in fact :
kdepim 4.4.7,some crash fixed from the future 4.5.3 for kdebase4-workspace &
kdelibs4, digikam 1.5 & kipi-plugins, and the rc4-1 version of bluedevil
instead of rc4 (it's fixing a crash on startup when bluedevil is available)

--
Balcaen John
mikala at irc.freenode.org