[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions for the ISO

Thorsten van Lil tvl83 at gmx.de
Mon Nov 1 16:48:41 CET 2010

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mageia-discuss-bounces at mageia.org
[mailto:mageia-discuss-bounces at mageia.org]
Betreff: Re: [Mageia-discuss] Suggestions for the ISO

>I believe it would be possible to update the isos say each month,
and made so
>it by a script in an installed system could be used as update repo
too. (it
>mounts the CD and registers it as a update repo for the normal
updater to
>use)

I'm not a developer but I think the effort for new isos every month
is to high for the profit.
I'm generally for a procedure with small steps. Let's start with the
basics so we can evaluate the power of the community. Later we can
add some specials (like monthly builds, ...) step by step. I thinks
that’s far more effective, than starting with a million features and
realizing that we are overstrained with the work.

In this explicit issue, we need to know what release cycle we will
use. For example, if we use 12 month cycle with "light" rolling, I
found a new build every 3 month for appropriate. If we remain with
the current release cycle, I don't really see a profit in releasing
monthly builds. So we should take this in account.

Regards,
Thorsten