[Mageia-discuss] Suggestions for the ISO

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 1 17:13:23 CET 2010

2010/11/1 Thorsten van Lil <tvl83 at gmx.de>:

> I'm not a developer but I think the effort for new isos every month
> is to high for the profit.
> I'm generally for a procedure with small steps. Let's start with the
> basics so we can evaluate the power of the community. Later we can
> add some specials (like monthly builds, ...) step by step. I thinks
> that’s far more effective, than starting with a million features and
> realizing that we are overstrained with the work.

Agreed. Much of this whole discussion is touching topics which will be
an issue in the future and depending on decisions which will have to
be made before. What I wrote previously about developpers and
contributors is also an issue here: we don't know anything yet about
the ressources we will have once the initial hype is gone. In every
project you will see a lot of people being very enthousiastic about it
all. But how many people will be there when the work is on its way,
you can't say by now.

There were some interesting ideas in this thread and I am sure some of
those will be implemented or set to work once the time has come.

So let's wait until the framework is there, until the first final is
out, until we see what kind of release model Mageia will use and until
we really see what ressources are in the contributor's and in the
user's corner. Then we can talk about what will be required in this
area.
--
wobo