[Mageia-discuss] FOSDEM, quick reminder

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Nov 26 14:31:12 CET 2010

Le vendredi 26 novembre 2010 à 13:48 +0100, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
> Thx for the reminder, I bought my train ticket last week, Frankfurt
> Bruxelles-Midi and back for as much as 61 Euros.
>
> As for general event planning I opened up a similar wiki page for the
> German community for all the events we are going to participate. Gives
> you a better overview, helps to keep deadlines, etc.

Could be interesting to link it, if you created one for this fosdem. So
people could have a page in their preferred language ( and would also
spread the organisation load quite nicely )

> Concerning this Fosdem, it may be an idea to organize accomodation,
> like, asking hotels for a special price if we show up with, like, 10
> people. Last year I joined the sidux guys, getting a 5 Euro discount
> per night in the Louise hotel

I did it 5/6 years ago, back when I was a student ( but I didn't ask for
discount ). But I stopped after seeing that it was lots of work to chase
after people to see if they come, and to arrange last minute change.

So I fear that we ( french ) are not organized enough for it to work :)

Anyway, if someone volunteer to do it, this would be indeed a good idea.
Just place a limit of the size of the group, as managing 25 people is
too much, and this is better to have 2 group of 10 persons to manage
( especially since finding 25 places can be a challenge ).

--
Michael Scherer