[Mageia-discuss] Habemus logo

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 11:28:02 CET 2010

On 10 December 2010 20:51, José Alberto Valle Cid
<j.alberto.vc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 5:16 AM, Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> But i think a tread in mailing list or even a dedicated mailing list
>>> for receive votes for logos was fit very well as poll tool :)
>>
>> There's already a dedicated app for that, Epoll.
>
> But was restringed use for board members, the actual mandriva call for
> backgrounds look better way to do things (users only have to mark as
> favorite the backgrounds and the most marked will be chosen)

The wallpapers you're talking about were packaged in contrib, i.e.
they weren't the official wallpapers in the distro at all. While here
we're talking about an official logo for Mageia.

Also, what I said still stands, don't only complain _after_ the fact;
the whole process was laid out clearly well before the final decision
was made, anyone who had objections should have spoke up before that
IMHO.

--
Ahmad Samir