[Mageia-discuss] help from kde forums

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 15:52:16 CET 2010

Op zaterdag 11 december 2010 11:42:25 schreef Ahmad Samir:
> On 11 December 2010 12:24, Maarten Vanraes <maarten.vanraes at gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> I guess a sub-forum for a KDE app might fit in forum.kde.org; but not
> >> for a full fledged distro...
> >>
> >> The forum of a distro will get posts about all sorts of software
> >> (other DE's, kernel, hardware, drakxtools... etc), not just
> >> kde-related problems. So I don't think sub-forum in forum.kde.org will
> >> do it for a distro (just my humble 0.02€ worth).
> >
> > i donno, it might be yet another mageia (sub-)community.
> >
> > and possibly also a way to gather more users/testers during alpha
> > testing.
>
> Having a sub- community isn't necessarily a good thing; it should be
> done only when needed, e.g. the localised forums (MLO, MUD... etc).
> But for the English-speaking community one official forum should do,
> (this is my own opinion, anyway).

the problem with sub-communities (even i18n) is that you need someone who
wants to manage is and be a bridge between mageia and the sub-community.

I do agree that it seems like it'd be easier if there is only 1 item /
division; but if all the sub-communities are managed well and have good
connections to it's parent; then i see no problem.

one could argue that someone who is bridging; could also be doing other
usefull stuff.

otoh, if that KDE person wants to be the bridge, and she can handle it, she
can do it, imho.

if it's "official" or not... well that's another question ...