[Mageia-discuss] Habemus logo

Daniel Kreuter daniel.kreuter85 at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 17 22:09:55 CET 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Wolfgang Bornath
<molch.b at googlemail.com>wrote:

> I want to point to skiper's blog, who gave the whole "Logo" issue some
> thought. It is titled, "Mageia logo - I don't like it".
>
> But what he writes is very different from the usual "I don't like it,
> it's ugly" posts. I explains in detail why he does not like it and why
> he thinks it is not a good choice based on objective reasons. Although
> I do not share his opinion I want to give credit to him because he did
> not just complain, he put some thinking and time into explaining his
> opinion.
>
> BTW: He explicitely states that he does not complain about the
> decision finding process.
>

> http://skiperdrake.wordpress.com/2010/12/11/mageia-logo-i-am-not-happy-with-it/
>
> Good reading, even if it is not my opinion :)

I just thought about his blog entry and when I think about our Logo, i see
the following things in it:

Our logo represents the cauldron as it is the name of our testing
environment. A cauldron has something magical in it, you put things in to
it, and it comes something wonderful out of it, for someone not knowing what
the man/woman does it sounds like a mirracle. Isn't just this the meaning of
our philosophy? Providing the user a distribution where he thinks wow it
works, it don't know how but it works.

And that's a point I see when thinking about our logo.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Greetings

Daniel Kreuter