[Mageia-discuss] Difference between display settings in Ubuntu/Kubuntu and Mandriva 2010

Daniel Kreuter daniel.kreuter85 at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 2 12:45:56 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Hoyt Duff <hoytduff at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for that. 8)
>
> Daniel,
> If you need some help getting its it up in Mandriva, contact me off the
> list.
>
> --
> Hoyt

Ok i found a workaround how to solve the problem. When configuring the
multi-monitoring with the Catalyst Control Center (I have an amd graphics
card) then gnome and kde are able to use both monitors.
But the CCC from the mandriva Repositories are quite buggy with that, when
configuring my system with that driver my system is not able to boot the
X-Server anymore, until i make my changes in the xorg.conf back to its
default-values.

I think we should use the version AMD provides of the fglrx-driver and the
ccc because it works better than the ones in the repos i mentioned above.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Greetings

Daniel Kreuter