[Mageia-discuss] a cross-distribution meeting about software installers

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Sun Jan 9 11:06:01 CET 2011

Le dimanche 9 janvier 2011 09:57:04, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
> 2011/1/8 Samuel Verschelde <stormi at laposte.net>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Vincent Untz from Novell, who works on openSuse, invited us (and
> > contributers from other distributions, including Fedora, Debian and
> > Ubuntu) to participate in a meeting about software installers and the
> > end-user experience.
> >
> > The meeting will occur in Nürnberg, Germany from January 19th to 21st
> >
> > We don't know yet what the outcome of this 3-days meeting will be, but it
> > may be a great opportunity.
> >
> > For the mageia side, the participants will be :
> > - Michael Scherer (misc)
> > - Olivier Thauvin (Nanar), author of Sophie, the cross-distribution RPM
> > database,
> > - Samuel Verschelde (Stormi), for the mageia-app-db project.
>
> Development is not my line of work but user relations is, also
> experience with various distributions. As Nürnberg is not far from my
> home (Frankfurt) and I do have the time I'd like to drop by for one
> day, if only for a meet&greet with you guys.

As we were invited more or less directly by Vincent Untz, unfortunately we
probably can't add by ourselves new attendants to the meeting. In fact we are
already 3 persons from mageia out of 9 attendants (unless you count Nanar as
distro-independant for this meeting because Sophie is cross-distro).

But I'm CCing Vincent in case he has a different opinion.

Which doesn't mean we are the best people for such a meeting (for sure, hadn't
I started the mageia-app-db project recently, I wouldn't have been invited,
given my limited past contributions :)), but I think the most important here
is that this reunion takes place, and we'll of course make follow-ups on the
MLs after that.

However, it would be great to meet you there, I'm sure you could join us for a
meal or more, or we could "escape" a diner to go with you and maybe other
german willing to join us :)
Beware : my "deutsch" level is far far below what it should be given it was
first foreign language. I'm even better at russian !

Best regards

Samuel Verschelde