[Mageia-discuss] A suggestion regarding community organization.

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 18:47:24 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 18:13, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
> IMHO one of the major points in this issue is to keep the association
> and any commercial activities apart.

Yes.

> Future options I see in individual activities. Every contributor or
> groups of contributors can open a business of his/their own based on
> the Mageia distribution (additional software solutions, consulting,
> etc.) and then "give back" to the Association in general or even
> employ one or more of the contributors of Mageia. But the Association
> itself has to keep clear of any commercial activities. Otherwise we
> could soon be back at that point we all left behind: making decisions
> about the distribution forced by business.

Well, because it's business does not imply it is going to be wrong but
I share the point here in that it looks much more a sound plan to keep
potentially drifting forces separate.

> You may call me paranoid, no problem.

No paranoia here. It makes sense and matches a certain set of
concepts: keep it small, simple, have distinct components per role and
loosely couple them.

Romain