[Mageia-discuss] Proposal for the blog management

Rémi Verschelde rverschelde at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 18:07:41 CET 2011

2011/2/18 Marcello Anni <marcello.anni at alice.it>:
> hi,
>
> i'm noticing there are a lot of moderation e-mails sent to this list. can we
> change the behaviour of the system and send a moderation e-mail only to the
> people that handle a specific blog (e.g. i handle italian blog->only italian
> mdoeration e-mails should be sent directely to my e-mail adress)? this way we
> have a less cluttered ML and we can free it from this unuseful trafic and let
> it usable for more interesting discussions. what do you think about it? thank

I agree that the ML mageia-blog is cluttered with automatic e-mail
about new comments or new blog posts, and so real "human-written"
mails are not easily accessible. Therefore, mageia-blog is not the
most attractive ML when you have something to discuss about Mageia's
blog.

Though, I don't think that what you're asking for could be easily
done, even if it would be great.
Each contributor of each i18n-[language code] team should be added
manually to the process which would send the mails, and since the
teams are likely to change, this would really be a bother for the
sysadmins.

This is my inexperienced point of view, so competent people may answer
your question better.

Rémi

> cheers
> Marcello

Nota: Marcello previously sent this mail on the mageia-blog ML, so
when he refers to "this list", he talks about mageia-blog.
I supposed he now sends it to mageia-discuss because noone answered
the previous mail.