[Mageia-discuss] Proposal for the blog management

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Feb 18 19:40:23 CET 2011

 On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 18:07:41 +0100, Rémi Verschelde wrote:
> 2011/2/18 Marcello Anni <marcello.anni at alice.it>:
>> hi,
>>
>> i'm noticing there are a lot of moderation e-mails sent to this
>> list. can we
>> change the behaviour of the system and send a moderation e-mail only
>> to the
>> people that handle a specific blog (e.g. i handle italian blog->only
>> italian
>> mdoeration e-mails should be sent directely to my e-mail adress)?
>> this way we
>> have a less cluttered ML and we can free it from this unuseful
>> trafic and let
>> it usable for more interesting discussions. what do you think about
>> it? thank
>
> I agree that the ML mageia-blog is cluttered with automatic e-mail
> about new comments or new blog posts, and so real "human-written"
> mails are not easily accessible. Therefore, mageia-blog is not the
> most attractive ML when you have something to discuss about Mageia's
> blog.

 Then, do like we did for sysadmin :
 1 ml for automated announces ( that can be a private one )
 1 ml for discussion

 this way :
 - history is not cluttered by automatic mail
 - anybody can discuss about the blog, about stuff that are not private
 ( even if I do not know what

> Though, I don't think that what you're asking for could be easily
> done, even if it would be great.
> Each contributor of each i18n-[language code] team should be added
> manually to the process which would send the mails, and since the
> teams are likely to change, this would really be a bother for the
> sysadmins.

 This can be automated, but the main problem is to keep track of the
 team in ldap.
 Someone has to do it.

 IMHO, it is better to have 1 single blog team to take care of all blogs
 than to
 have 10 teams to coordinate. Some people can speak several languages,
 not to the
 point of translating, but at least enough to approve comments.

 I do not see much value into having separated per language blog group.

--
 Michael Scherer