[Mageia-discuss] Proposal for the blog management

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Fri Feb 18 21:33:46 CET 2011

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011, Michael Scherer wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 18:07:41 +0100, Rémi Verschelde wrote:
>> 2011/2/18 Marcello Anni <marcello.anni at alice.it>:
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> i'm noticing there are a lot of moderation e-mails sent to this list. can
>>> we
>>> change the behaviour of the system and send a moderation e-mail only to
>>> the
>>> people that handle a specific blog (e.g. i handle italian blog->only
>>> italian
>>> mdoeration e-mails should be sent directely to my e-mail adress)? this
>>> way we
>>> have a less cluttered ML and we can free it from this unuseful trafic and
>>> let
>>> it usable for more interesting discussions. what do you think about it?
>>> thank
>>
>> I agree that the ML mageia-blog is cluttered with automatic e-mail
>> about new comments or new blog posts, and so real "human-written"
>> mails are not easily accessible. Therefore, mageia-blog is not the
>> most attractive ML when you have something to discuss about Mageia's
>> blog.
>
> Then, do like we did for sysadmin :
> 1 ml for automated announces ( that can be a private one )
> 1 ml for discussion
>
> this way :
> - history is not cluttered by automatic mail
> - anybody can discuss about the blog, about stuff that are not private
> ( even if I do not know what

I'm not sure a new list is needed as I don't see what kind of discussions
would go to that list. Discussions about blog moderation can be done on
the same list where comments are posted. Discussions about blog setup
can be done on webteam or sysadmin lists. Discussions about writting of
new blog posts can be done on marketing/communication list (or other
depending on the subject of the blog post). So what would be the use of
an other list ?