[Mageia-discuss] Linux is a KERNEL not an OS

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 16:33:12 CET 2011

On 3/2/11, Richard Couture <rrc at linuxcabal.org> wrote:
> How about
>
> Mageia - A F/OSS distro based on GNU & Linux

That's just absurd.

But if you insist on placating RMS, I propose we re-define 'Linux' in
the Mageia license/TOS/manifesto to be a recursive acronym  for
'GNU/Linux' in every reference (with the 'G' being absent but
represented in the name of the Mageia distro)?

That way we acknowledge the contributions of RMS/GNU AND have a geeky,
awkward, *NIX-ish recursive acronym as a bonus.

Problem solved.

Or how about we not even take the crazytrain  to RMS-land?

--
Hoyt