[Mageia-discuss] Sound in Mageia?

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Mar 3 12:23:21 CET 2011

'Twas brillig, and Wolfgang Bornath at 03/03/11 10:04 did gyre and gimble:
> Mageia Alpha1 works nicely on my desktop, playing sound
> out-of-the-box. Not so on my laptop.
>
> All multimedia application are working (videos with vlc and dragon,
> music with amarok, flashplayer-square-plugin in firefox) but all
> without sound.
> PulseAudio is enabled, but when I start pavucontrol it tries to
> connect to pulseaudio and stays like that, it can not connect to the
> soundserver, so it seems.
>
> Kmix shows no channels at all.
> Audio configuration shows HDA Intel (ALC269 Analog)
>
> As all this works in my desktop machine it may not be a bug, just a
> bad configuration

Yo,

Feel free to hit me up on IRC to debug (it's often easier), but in the
meantime:

ps aux | grep pulse
xprop -root | grep -i pulse | grep -vi cookie
PULSE_LOG=99 pactl stat
pacmd ls

If pulse is not running, then trying:
pulseaudio -vvvvv