[Mageia-discuss] Fwd: Sound in Mageia?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 9 14:13:55 CET 2011

2011/3/9 Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie>:
> 'Twas brillig, and Maarten Vanraes at 08/03/11 19:18 did gyre and gimble:
>>>
>>> I installed phonon-xine with its dependencies and then in the
>>> multimedia section of the KDE configuration I put phonon-xine on top
>>> of the list in the backend tab (before it showed only
>>> phonon-gstreamer).
>>> After that all sound applications worked (dragon, amarok, kscd, vlc,
>>> firefox plugins, etc.).
>
> FWIW, Wobo, what you changed was not "Speaker Configuration" as you
> previously indicated... you changed the Phonon Backend. So my reasons
> for asking the question no longer apply, which is good :)

I was not precise enough. Here is what happened:

03/03/2011:
 - I had to install task-pulseaudio with all dependencies AND
 - backend was only phonon-gstreamer
 - in speaker settings of "phonon" I  changed sound device from
"Internal Audio" to "High Definition Audio Controller"
It worked.

08/03/2011:
After updates this setup did not work anymore. So I
 - installed phonon-xine and put it on top in the backend tab
 - changed sound device back to "Internal Audio", the output setting
to "Internal Audio Analog Stereo"

Works in stereo with internal speakers and headphone.

This is the current working setup with all updates installed (no
/testing repos set).
This is also the setup I created the "pacmd list" output.

Sorry about the unclear report.

--
wobo