[Mageia-discuss] User support mailing list?

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Fri Jun 3 19:51:23 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 12:52:16PM -0400, Gary Montalbine wrote:

>I support a mailing list for users. I had a problem that would not
>let me use my security camera. Yesterday I posted the request for
>assistance in the forum. No answer. Today I asked for help on the
>mailing list and within 30 minutes I had the answer and now have a
>working camera. I am strictly a user and find mailing lists very
>informative.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your feedback :-)

I think (for me personally) one of the main differences between the forum
and a mailing list is the way messages are delivered. On the mailinglist,
even when I don't have the time for a couple of days to read the list, the
mails will stay there waiting for me to read them. On a forum the posts
will also be there, but any problem which I might know the answer to but
which received no posts in a couple of days would disappear from my view.
Yes, the post itself would still be there, but how many forum readers
click through after page 3 or 4 of posts?

Sincerely,

Remco