[Mageia-discuss] User support mailing list?

Hugo Berus hugo.berus at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 19:27:18 CEST 2011

On 4 June 2011 17:09, Dimitrios Glentadakis <dglent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also there is the solution to follow all or part of a forum with rss.
>
> I prefers rss as:
> it does nt stress as the email,
> i can follow everything,
> i can click on the title to see the text if the title interesting me. In forum i have to click on a subject but it takes a lot of time to see the topic in a new page

Yes indeed, I also like mailing lists for their simplicity and speed.
RSS is good to follow a forum.

Another suggestion I would like to make is mailing list integration.
An email to the mailing list would also be posted on the forum and a
posting on the forum gets also posted on the mailing list. A
forum/mailing list like described is for example the Nginx forum
http://forum.nginx.org/ ,although that one is based on phorum and not
phpbb like Magiea's forum.

A google search showed two options for mailing list integration with phpbb:
1) m2f (mail2forum) http://mail2forum.com/
2) foum-mailing list bridge
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2099210&start=15

(disclaimer: I have never set up a phpbb forum or any other forum, so
I have no idea if those modules work. I am just a user.)

H.B.