[Mageia-discuss] Thoughts on an install

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 8 14:04:17 CEST 2011

2011/6/8 Renaud (Ron) Olgiati <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org>:

>> > +1
>
>> Good, tell that to the owners.
>> Sometimes I think that some users are like little kids. They see it,
>> they want it, and they don't care about anything else.
>> What do you say to a kid asking for that yellow bike which belongs to
>> another kid?
>
> For many years now, when people asked my advice on which OS to use, my reply
> was "what software do you need to use, and what OS does it run under ?"; then
> told them to use that OS, whatever it was (Yes, even MS Windows  ;-3) and I do
> the same for my personal use: if a distro does not run the prog I need, that I
> am used to, etc. I will not use that distro.

Right, same as I do. I never had a problem running Windows for a
special app which was not available in Linux. And I never had a
problem with using a Gnome app in a KDE environment if the Gnome app
better suited my needs.

> I do not see the point of learning the complexities and vagaries of a new
> drafting prog when the one I know is available on another distro that runs
> without problem (for now), just for the sake of "being a Mageia user".

Yes, quite right, same as I do. We totally agree on this.

Now, how is this related to the issue at hand?

--
wobo