[Mageia-discuss] mageiaupdate and the list of updates

Rémi Verschelde rverschelde at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 12:02:22 CEST 2011

2011/7/2 andre999 <andr55 at laposte.net>:
> In general, I would agree, but there are times an update introduces more
> problems, and it will keep being proposed even when it is not wanted.
> (Sure, one can edit a skip file after obtaining root privileges, but most
> users won't know about it.  And subsequent updates with the same problem
> will still be proposed.)
> And other times a "security" update is totally useless - like on
> documentation packages when there is no change in functionality.  Or
> security issues regarding a function that is not used.
> If bandwidth is limited, why waste time and bandwidth on something that at
> best isn't needed ?
>
> That said, it doesn't seem that onerous to enter a password.
>
> --
> André

Would it be possible to add a "Skip update" option in MageiaUpdate?
Like, right-click on an update, "Skip update" and it disappears from
the list. This would modify the skip file you are talking about, and
experienced users could revert the skipping thanks to that file.

Though, it is just a suggestion from someone who knows nothing to
MageiaUpdate's code, so I don't know if it would be a simple feature
to add or a really bothersome one.

Rémi / Akien