[Mageia-discuss] mageiaupdate and the list of updates

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Sat Jul 2 13:51:57 CEST 2011

Rémi Verschelde a écrit :
> 2011/7/2 andre999<andr55 at laposte.net>:
>> In general, I would agree, but there are times an update introduces more
>> problems, and it will keep being proposed even when it is not wanted.
>> (Sure, one can edit a skip file after obtaining root privileges, but most
>> users won't know about it.  And subsequent updates with the same problem
>> will still be proposed.)
>> And other times a "security" update is totally useless - like on
>> documentation packages when there is no change in functionality.  Or
>> security issues regarding a function that is not used.
>> If bandwidth is limited, why waste time and bandwidth on something that at
>> best isn't needed ?
>>
>> That said, it doesn't seem that onerous to enter a password.
>>
>> --
>> André
>>

> Would it be possible to add a "Skip update" option in MageiaUpdate?
> Like, right-click on an update, "Skip update" and it disappears from
> the list. This would modify the skip file you are talking about, and
> experienced users could revert the skipping thanks to that file.
>
> Though, it is just a suggestion from someone who knows nothing to
> MageiaUpdate's code, so I don't know if it would be a simple feature
> to add or a really bothersome one.
>
> Rémi / Akien

It's a good idea.
A GUI means of updating the skip file has already been suggested.
I'm not familiar with the code, so I can't say how easy it would be to add, but
I think such a change should eventually happen.
It would probably be easier to add in rpmdrake, where every update is presented
individually.
(I might eventually do it myself.)

--
André