[Mageia-discuss] Big printing issue with HP Photosmart 7150 and Mageia

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Sun Sep 4 14:49:31 CEST 2011

Hi Thomas,

> I am experiencing since a lot of time big printing issues with an
> HP Photosmart 7150 and Mageia.

I'm using an HP Photosmart C6180 under Mageia 1, using both CUPS and
HPLip. No problems at all.

On my system HPLip is 3.11.3a, HP Device Manager is 15.0(Qt4), and the
only problem I have with that is that the systray app uses 100% CPU.

CUPS is 1.4.6, and the driver is "hpcups 3.10.2rc1.9 (color, 2-sided
printing)"; it's network-connected using the socket:// connection
type. Things like Claws, Firefox, LibreOffice etc use the CUPS
connection.

What do you have installed? Are you printing through CUPS or the HP
Device manager or just what? What versions do you have installed, and
is it a 64-bit or a 32-bit system?

If you run CUPS (go to http://localhost:631/ in your browser) and add
a printer, what steps are you taking and what errors are you getting?
Can you print a test page?

Let us know what you can of the answers, and we'll do our best to
help.

Cheers!

--
Trish Fraser, JD9R RQ2D